Quality Assurance Engineers
We are looking for technically curious QA engineers who value holistic quality throughout the SDLC. The QA engineer will be responsible for extracting testable requirements and creating comprehensive coverage, execution, and defect reports.
On the Automation side of things, the QA engineer will be responsible for input on feasible frameworks that are customized and fit for purpose of each project. With quality as our goal, findings need to be presented in such a way that business stakeholders can make informed decisions on product and feature releases.
The QA engineer will also be expected to execute their vision through innovative test approaches, meaningful and reusable test cases, maintainable test scripts, streamlined reporting and technical test strategies. Together with these artefacts, the QA engineer will be expected to collaborate with business and product owners to gain an end-to-end understanding of a product through validation and verification.
YOUR ELEVATOR PITCH – WHAT YOU’LL TELL PEOPLE YOU DO
“I get to be the gatekeeper of the quality and performance that I demand from sites and apps that I use. In doing so I ensure that the solutions I am a part of are functional and a joy to use. No amount of testing can prove software to be right, but a single test can prove it to be wrong.”
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- A bachelor’s degree in IT or Sciences, or a relevant IT diploma
- Experience in working in a delivery team together with other disciplines to deliver a product
- Passion for quality and curiosity for technical testing
- The ability to encompass technical quality and product usability into a solid test pack
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Strong knowledge of recent innovations in Quality Assurance as a craft
- The ability to adapt frameworks and implementations based on feasibility and project requirements, for the QA Automation candidates
- The ability to build strong relationships and collaborate by bringing new ideas into your team environment
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
- You will be part of a QA team that consists of a wide variety of skills – from BDD to API and mobile app automation, and everything in-between
- Exposure to the best technologies and cool projects.
- Quarterly performance reviews to assist you in achieving your career goals, bi-annual performance-based salary increases, as well as an annual company performance-based bonus.
- Exposure to Entelect’s in-house continuous development programmes, offering training on everything from leadership to deep technical skills, to empower you to become more.
- Participation in our “1Up” rewards programme, where you’ll receive rewards for doing cool things, like attending training events, and social functions or for just doing a good job.
- Competitive package, including a variety of commission incentives and bonus structures.
WHAT YOUR TYPICAL DAY COULD LOOK LIKE
You log on a bit earlier than normal to check on some defects you logged the past few days. You realize that all of them seem to be resolved except for one. After some buddy testing with your developers, you guys discover where the actual problem is and get a solution ready for the next deployment to QA that day.
In your team stand-up, another QA engineer is facing a problem with a very complex requirement. You offer some assistance, as almost all of your defects have been resolved and you come up with a comprehensive test pack to cover all the intricacies of the business requirement ready for execution. You realise together that there is a simple quality gate missing from your SDLC process that is easy to implement and you set up a session to discuss with the rest of your team for next week. Awesome stuff!
Tomorrow is Friday and your team lead informs you of a social meetup so you send a Whatsapp to your other half that you could be late for dinner today, but you will take care of dinner over the weekend.
You had a great week and next week will be even better.
TECHNOLOGIES AND TOOLS YOU COULD BE WORKING WITH
- Selenium with JAVA or C#
- API, mobile and web automation using Katalon
- Creating test suites for API’s in SOAPUI
- Appium for Mobile app automation
- BBD with Python
- JIRA with XRAY
- HP ALM integrations
- Azure DevOps