We are a leading software development company in Gauteng, with branches at Melrose Arch, Pretoria and Cape Town. We are looking for a Senior Manager to manage multiple teams, customers and drive delivery of solutions across multiple projects as well as contributing at the highest level to Entelect’s broader strategic initiatives and direction.
The right person for this role is someone who shows an active interest and aptitude in personal coaching, mentorship and support of individuals in complex delivery environments. Driving culture, values and inspiring teams to be the best they can be is a crucial dimension to this role as you will be the custodian of these critically important aspects of our company. Aside from this, you will be hands-on, which means you’ll be involved in all relevant delivery streams acting as a delivery champion, managing expectations, removing obstacles, negotiating terms and contracts and generally being the responsible party for engagements with our corporate customers.
This is a senior management level role and you will be reporting to the COO.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Forming and norming software delivery teams including taking responsibility for the onboarding, offboarding and rotations
- Closely coaching our software teams on practice, communication and culture and identifying opportunities for personal growth for team members
- Coaching and mentoring staff including one-to-ones, performance reviews and personal career mapping
- Team-building, cohesion and identity management
- Contribute to the ideation and execution of Entelect’s delivery strategy and initiatives
- Client account management – build relationships and present a professional, engaged front for Entelect, as well as managing commercials, financials and administration.
- Status tracking of project tasks, milestones, deliverables or key dates
- Risk and expectation management – resourcing, deliverables, requirements and at times budgets
- Taking high level responsibility (planning and leading) for software project delivery management across multiple clients, projects and initiatives in parallel
- These projects are not SAP v4 to v5 upgrades, they are custom builds with a fair bit of tact and problem solving required. They are also not 3 years, typically projects will be 6 to 18 months.
- High degree of client communication – will often be point contact to a client for a project
- Composition, delivery and tracking of client status reports
- Requires working closely with 5 or more teams operationally
- Facilitating client feedback at all touch points (demos, meetings, calls, etc), and management thereof
- Perform business analysis / problem solving on the fly, and ability to context switch rapidly
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in the IT industry as Analyst/PM/Software developer in client-facing roles
- Non-negotiable is a BSc, BIS, BCom or BEng degree in Computer, Software, Information or
- electronic related Sciences from a reputable university
- Leadership qualities required
- A variety of commission incentives and bonus structures in addition to the basic package
- A variety of both external and internal training programmes
- Performance based salary increases twice a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Excellent provident fund and group insurance schemes (life, disability, vehicle)
- Participation in our rewards programme